10:00 - 18:00

We are open Monday to Friday, 10am to 6pm

0207 650 7970

Call us now to book an appointment




Long Residence

Kingdom Solicitors > Long Residence


You can apply to settle in the UK if you’ve been in the UK legally for 10 continuous years (known as ‘long residence’). Long Residence is where you have been living legally in the UK for 10 or more years continuously. If you have left the UK for a continuous period of 180 days or more, or if you have spent a total of 539 days outside of the United Kingdom during this period, then your Long Residence will be considered to have been broken and you will not qualify.

Settling (known as ‘indefinite leave to remain’) means you can stay in the UK without any time restrictions. Under UK immigration Rules, after this period of time you may apply for ‘indefinite leave to remain’ (also known as settlement). This means that you can stay in the UK indefinitely without any restrictions on how long you can stay. You can also apply to have your Children and Dependants stay in the UK with you, too.

If instructed to represent you regarding your application for extension of stay on the basis of long residence, we will do the following immigration casework for you on your behalf:

Our immigration solicitors will:

  • take detailed Instructions from you and advise you about the relevant immigration laws and procedures to be adopted by the Home Office, UKBA in your immigration case;
  • discuss your immigration case in detail with you and advise you about the weaknesses and strengths of your immigration case;
  • advise you about the documentary evidence to be submitted in support of your application;
  • consider contents of the documentary evidence to be submitted in support of the application and discuss the same with you;
  • and much more.

You must meet all the eligibility requirements. There are various requirements that you must meet, and our expert staff can help you determine whether you meet these requirements or what you have to do to meet them, if you don’t already.